I recently revisited my 2011 goals. I was a little hesitant to revisit them because I wasn’t sure if I had met them…to be honest, I had forgotten what some of them were which is terrible, but it’s the truth…what a terrible goal-setter I am!!! Haha!!!
For my personal goals…I honestly didn’t too well.
- I definitely still need to work on living a healthier lifestyle and start exercising. Ugh, exercising is such a chore for me. I don’t find exercising enjoyable at all. Sometimes I wish I lived in a big city like Paris where I would walk and use public transportation as opposed to driving a car. At least that way I would be forced to get some exercising into my day.
- What can I say?!?! I’m still working on finding “more” of the positive in the negative. I think that may be a goal that I have to set for many years.
- I’m also still working on trying not to stress out so much over things I can’t control and life in general. I think that may be another goal that I have to set for many years…or maybe life?!?!
- Living life to the fullest…I think I may have met my goal halfway, but I personally think that I could do better at living life to the fullest. I’ll have to try harder in 2012.
- Ahhhh, my last goal I can proudly say that I met. I was very fortunate in 2011 to visit the following places…and if you’re wondering how a broke girl can go on all these trips…like I said I was very fortunate and I was “treated” to many of these trips. I am grateful that I was able to travel so much in 2011. It really was quite a surprise, because I wasn’t planning on going anywhere in 2011…except to Greece because we had been planning that trip for 3 years. Here’s where I went in 2011:
- Dallas, Texas (Dallas Fort Worth area)
- Las Vegas, Nevada (I LOVE Vegas even if I end up leaving all my money there…although this time around I didn’t really have money to leave there…haha!!!)
- Big Island, Hawaii
- Greece and the Greek Isles
- Alaska and Victoria, British Columbia
I’m happy to say that I did reach, to some degree, many of business goals.
- I did learn how to do my GE taxes and I have now done them 3 times since last year!!!
- I did build my clientele and there is still room for more growth!!!
- I am continuing to learn and grow in my photography skills. I am proud to say that I finally attended a Newborn Posing Mentoring Session last April. I traveled all the way to Texas to meet and learn from my mentor. She was absolutely amazing and fabulous. It is one of the best business decisions I have ever made!!! I have no regrets!!!
- I am still very happy and content with my career choice to start up my own photography business. I just absolutely adore my job and what I do. I am still hoping and praying that my business continues to grow so that I can be fortunate enough to continue doing what I love. It really does make a difference to have a job about which I am passionate.
- I am still working on living by the words that Jasmine Star quoted, “Trust your gut. Ignore the naysayers. Dream big, but hope for more. Sprint toward what you want and don’t ever look back. Ever.” Sometimes I reread her quote just to remind myself to trust myself and to ignore the naysayers. This is one goal I will also contiune to strive towards.
So overall…I think I am satisfied with the goals that I did obtain. For the goals that I didn’t obtain…I know why or I am okay with the fact that I didn’t obtain them. There’s always 2012. Check back tomorrow for my 2012 goals!!!
Thank you for stopping by my little place in cyberspace!!! Enjoy my image below of Santorini, Greece at sunset. Happy Wednesday!!!